Save a Cat on Facebook

     

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

15 Years Later: Remembering Windows 95 with memories of DOS & Keypunch cards

Click this link for the full article :
15 Years Later: Remembering Windows 95   

My Thoughts on that article - Starting to feel my age reading this. I remember the cross over from ordinary DOS to Windows 3.11 which was way before 95 came along. It was an amazing cross over and although some who never had to deal with writing out multiple batch files just to open a game or application Windows especially 95 was a miracle! 3.11 gave us so much for the first time we didn't have to do that on our own - it was all taken care of - all we needed to do was click an icon! Fabulous! I thought I would share this trip down memory lane with you. I'm certain there are many of you out there who like me were there from the beginning. Key punched cards, Reals of tape, mainframe that took up entire floors of buildings with their massive machines. Working with the old Burroughs machines to input and access information and it's loud typing sounds as it beat out the info on rolls of yellow paper and color monitors that were either Green or Amber - those were the colors you could choose to have your info displayed on a screen. LOL

Things have improved for the better and it's still impressive to me 
30 yrs later. = )


Kathy Guillemette

No comments:

Post a Comment